Holiday Charity Drive – 2018
Urology Austin is holding a holiday charity drive to benefit the Boys and Girls Clubs of the Austin Area! Our charity drive will be held from Monday, November 12 – Friday, December 7th, 2018. Suggested donations include: personal hygiene items (shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, toothbrushes, soap, deodorant, combs, hairbrushes), household cleaning supplies, art supplies, school supplies, new socks, and puzzles.
Collection boxes will be at the following Urology Austin offices: Austin Central, South #1, South #2, Jollyville, Round Rock #1, Round Rock #2, Austin Center for Radiation Oncology, Kyle, and Westlake.
Thank you for helping us support children in Central Texas!
At Urology Austin we believe that giving back to the community benefits everyone.
At Urology Austin, we advocate a spirit of altruism, so encourage physicians, staff and patients to give back to their community. Throughout the year, Urology Austin and the Austin Center for Radiation Oncology actively identifies and supports several charitable opportunities and events. You’re invited to learn more about these charities by visiting their individual websites, and we encourage you to participate in or support these groups as you’re able. Finally, visit this page often to learn more about upcoming events and organizations that we’ll be sponsoring. Thank you for joining Urology Austin in our ongoing effort to improve the lives of local residents!
ZERO Prostate Cancer Run/Walk – Austin
Urology Austin is pleased to report that we had a great turn out for our 2108 event at Concordia University on Saturday, October 17th! Participants helped raise over $73,000 for research, advocacy and prostate cancer support! We truly appreciate everyone who participated in the 2018 event!
Since 2010, Urology Austin has sponsored what is now the annual ZERO Prostate Cancer Run/Walk held each year at Camp Mabry. This year’s event is scheduled for Saturday, October 27th and will commence with registration at 7:30 AM. The day’s events will include a 5K run/walk, a one mile walk, the Kid’s “Superhero Dash for Dad”, and a virtual “Snooze for Dudes” program.
ZERO holds events across the country each year in order to raise funding to promote prostate cancer education for men and their families, free prostate cancer screening events, and to fund prostate cancer research and treatment development.
Urology Austin is again the Local Host Sponsor for the 2018 event. Registration is now available if you would like to participate individually, as part of a team, or to donate. Learn more at https://support.zerocancer.org
Links to addition ZERO resources:
Decode Your Prostate Cancer (molecular profiling for metastatic disease)
Urology Austin Jeans Day
Each month, Urology Austin supports a charitable organization through an internal program called ‘Jeans Day’. Employees are given the opportunity to contribute a designated amount each month, that will be given to the charity being sponsored. Those who donate are recognized by wearing jeans!
Here’s a list of organizations that Urology Austin’s ‘Jeans Day’ contributions will be supporting in 2018:
- January – Your Ride is Here www.yourrideishere.org
- February – Sharing Birthday Joy www.sharinghappybirthdays.org
- March – Texas Parks and Wildlife Foundation www.tpwf.org
- April – The Autism Society of Central Texas www.austinautismsociety.greatfeats.com/donate
- May – Meals on Wheels www.mealsonwheelscentraltexas.org
- June – Mobile Loaves and Fishes www.mlf.org
- July – Safe Place (Back to School Drive) www.safeaustin.org
- August – Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind (American Vet Dogs) www.guidedog.org
- September – Health Alliance for Austin Musicians www.myhaam.org
- October – ZERO www.zerocancer.org
- November – The Distinguished Gentleman’s Ride www.gentlemansride.com
- December – Amber’s Angels www.ambers-angels.org
Cap2K Open Water Race and Pledge Swim
For the past several years, the former Urology Team has served as a major sponsor for the Cap 2K Open Water Race and Pledge Swim held at Lady Bird Lake. This annual event is co-hosted by local residents Sandy Neilson and her husband Dr. Keith Bell. Sandy Neilson is a three time gold medalist in swimming at the 1972 Munich Olympics.
In 2018, the Cap2K event benefitted:
- Prostate cancer advocacy and research
- Swimability – A charitable organization that provides swimming lessons for low income children.
- Colin’s Hope – A charitable organization that teaches water safety to prevent children from drowning.
- Deep Eddy Historical Bathhouse Renovation
- Lou Gehrig’s Disease / ALS Foundation
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation
- Austin Parks Foundation
Learn more about this annual event at https://cap2k.weebly.com