As spring reflects the beauty of new life and flowers bloom forth the fragrance indicating winter is past, people are planning for the joys of warmer weather. Often this brings to mind playtime with the children at parks, picnics with family, and vacations. Some people may feel inspired by thoughts of adding to their family. The thoughts of new life in the home are delightful. However, for many men this may seem impossible if they’ve had a vasectomy and now desire another child. At Urology Austin, we can make the dream a reality through a vasectomy reversal.
A vasectomy reversal gives couples a second chance at expanding their family. There are a number of reasons a man may change his mind and wish to reverse his decision–some reasons include:
- Man has simply changed his mind as he matured and now desires another child.
- Man has a new wife and wants to have a child with her.
- Older children are now gone from home and couple desires new baby.
Whatever the reason may be, it’s a relief when a man discovers the decision he made years ago can be reversed. A vasectomy reversal is a relatively brief, painless surgery performed on an outpatient basis. What can a man expect during the procedure?
- Man will be given anesthesia.
- Surgery connects the severed tubes cut during vasectomy.
- Process lasts 2-4 hours.
- Upon awakening from surgery, man will go to recovery for a couple more hours before going home.
After surgery men need a few weeks to fully recover. Pain should be minimal and the success rate for fathering a child afterwards is higher if the reversal was done less than 10 from the actual vasectomy.
At Urology Austin, we’re here to answer your questions and discuss options. If you’d like to discuss this topic further, please contact us today!