Women’s Wellness—Vaginal Rejuvenation
At Urology Austin, we are pleased to offer a women’s wellness program that focuses on vaginal rejuvenation. Our highly trained Wellness Manager performs these noninvasive procedures in the office. These treatments are nonsurgical and use either radio frequency, RF, energy or laser therapy to stimulate the production of elastin cells and collagen in the vaginal canal and vaginal tissues.
Why do women seek energy-based vaginal treatment?
Women’s bodies go through many changes due to things like childbirth, perimenopause and menopause and other medical conditions. These changes can lead to laxity, or looseness, in vaginal tissue. As women age, vaginal tissue often becomes dry due to the decrease in estrogen, causing pain during sexual intercourse or urinary symptoms such as urinary incontinence. In the past, women’s only treatment options for these problems were medication, hormone therapy or surgery. Now, vaginal rejuvenation treatments offer patients another alternative. Patients testify that vaginal treatments have helped relieve their symptoms caused by the following conditions.
- Lubrication issues
- Vaginal atrophy
- Dyspareunia, or pain during sex
- Symptoms of urinary incontinence
- Extreme dryness that occurs after menopause
- Post-surgically induced menopause
- Symptoms that occur post-radiation and treatments for breast and ovarian cancer
Urology Austin offers two treatment options as part of our wellness program
Our providers offer treatments that can tighten vaginal tissue and stimulate new collagen and elastin growth, leading to symptom relief. Patients receive both types of treatment in the office and usually do not require anesthesia. Most women need little to no downtime after the procedures, but our physicians usually instruct patients to refrain from sexual activity for a few days after treatment. Here are the two treatment options we offer.
- FormaV uses a temperature-controlled RF probe. The probe gently delivers radiofrequency waves that reach the deeper layers of the skin to stimulate collagen production naturally. Collagen production begins with the first treatment, but patients normally need at least three treatments, one every three to four weeks, before women notice results.
- MonaLisa Touch® uses a CO2 laser to deliver energy to tissues. Thousands of practitioners have used this treatment since 2014. The device uses a special technology to deliver repetitive bursts of concentrated laser energy that penetrates deeply and painlessly into soft vaginal skin tissue. This procedure removes excess tissue from the labia and resurfaces skin, including pelvic skin texture and tone, as well as pelvic skin discoloration. Patients need a minimum of three treatments, repeated every six weeks to see results.
Some women may have some discomfort following treatment or require very minimal downtime.
Women’s wellness focuses on quality of life
Our team wants women to feel good and enjoy life, so we created our women’s wellness program. Stimulating collagen production and new tissue growth through vaginal rejuvenation can help patients who are suffering from symptoms that negatively affect their quality of life. To learn more, contact us.
Tiffany Walther is our Women’s Wellness Program Manager
Tiffany Walther joined Urology Austin in 2019 after working in gynecology, wellness and aesthetics.
We invite you to call 512-410-3828 to schedule a consultation with Tiffany and learn more about the benefits of the MonaLisa Touch and FormaV. Tiffany can also be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
“As a 63-year-old grandmother and empty nester, I decided to have the Mona Lisa laser procedure as a vital part of caring for myself. Intimacy with my husband of 37 years had become painful post menopause. Trying over-the-counter lubricants was messy. I also experienced frequent urinary tract infections. I was ready for a positive change. Tiffany was a caring listener and knowledgeable care provider. She walked me through each step of the MonaLisa procedure, so I knew exactly what to expect. She was gentle, kind, and shared her extensive experience with the procedure with me. I had 3 sessions with the Mona Lisa. Wow! The decision to have the Mona Lisa has given me a new lease on life! I am enjoying being ‘young at heart’ again with rejuvenated body and spirit.”
“The treatments enhanced my quality of life – sounds dramatic because it was! Decreased urge incontinence and improved muscle control lead to less frequent urination… which translated to not having to go to the restroom multiple times a day. Big improvement.” This patient had the MonaLisa Touch® procedure.
Watch Dr. Grady Bruce’s interview on KVUE TV as he discusses the launch of our Women’s Wellness Program – February 2022